John Carpenter Wants to Make Dead Space Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
....and I'll go see it! Please make this into a movie and take my $30US (that's what it's likely going to cost for a single movie ticket in the US by the time this one comes to fruition).

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Pre-order your tickets for extra credits shown and alternate ending!
or better yet half way the movie the character will pull out his wallet and use his charge card to access a panel and buy more health packs and ammo and a special weapon !

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Dead Space 3 is still waiting on my desktop to be played.
I got bored in 30 minutes and never played again.
Same goes with a possible movie - i'll check it out, but i'm not that hyped about it.
...just my 2 cents.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Heh, I like the sound of this very much.
I've been saving this series of games for a dedicated play through for a while now.
It has so many elements that would let a film weave a story I could easily lose myself in for a Good few hours!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I would like to see it as long as it was completely set in a different place or time. This way it starts off fresh with it's own unique characters and setting. I really think the Necromorphs could be as big as the Xenomorphs in the Alien series if handled right.
I believe if good movies were based off of Dead Space the movies could surpass the popularity and success of the games.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I rather like the horror space genre very much even if they all consist of a big massacre inside a spaceship. As long as it isn't full of cheap scares and has an interesting story I'm in.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Asking EA to hand out something... That was a good one.
I just hope the guy actually plays the game from start to finish before making the movie, or we will get another "this is my view of the game" movie.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Next news on Tom: Kickstarter raise funds for Dead Space movie. Limit set to 2 mil $, allready found suckers who pleadged 20 mil $... need more!

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
The first Dead Space was a fantastic game. Great story and one of the few games with truly scary moments and environment. Being on the Ishimura was creepy and wonderful at the same time. Dead Space two was ok and three was meh... but the first Dead Space was on par with Bioshock (only the first one by Irrational)

Status
Not open for further replies.