John McCain Rep Says McCain Invented Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]allnamestaken[/nom]Someone who can't even use a computer running for president = Roflmao_Old Ideas in a New World.[/citation]
I am looking for a leader, not someone to type an email for me. I can do it myself or hire you or Obama to do that.

Nonesuch

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
[citation][nom]The Schnoz[/nom]John McCain can't use a computer because of his war injuries. Get a clue idiot.[/citation]

I didn't know he was brain damaged during vietnam.... poor guy. :p

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
It is when you've been tortured by the Vietcong for 5 and a half years after being in a plane crash that shattered the bones in your arms in legs.

allnamestaken

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I know, it's a very heavy-duty task to move that mouse and press those keys. Whenever we see him on TV moving his hands or legs, that's not real; it's just created by video editing software.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Disclaimer: I don't support either candidates and I'm not US citizen. The paragraph below do not indicate that I support or against any candidate of the US presidency.

Whoever come up with this piece of crap deserves to be fired out right immediately.

The original talk by Douglas Holtz-Eakin is as followed:

"He did this," Douglas Holtz-Eakin told reporters this morning, holding up his BlackBerry. "Telecommunications of the United States is a premier innovation in the past 15 years, comes right through the Commerce Committee. So you're looking at the miracle John McCain helped create and that's what he did."

=============================================================

A lot of technology that we are using as consumer products today exists long time ago as military tech. Frequency band open to civilian use 15 years ago was so limited that one can count all allowed bands with two hands. What Mr. Holtz-Eakin tried to say is that as chairman of commerce committee, McCain deserves the credit of helping reform and legislate away obstacles so that telecomm industry can take off. You may disagree with Mr. Holtz-Eakin, but this kind of "journalism" is nothing more than swiftboating. I question John Kerry's war record as much as John McCain's, and that is none.

G

I am disaapointed that Tom's would even post such a rediculous article.

No one thinks Al Gore invented the internet and no one thinks McCain invented the PDA.

The author's writng belies a partisan view.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Stephen Hawking has Lou Gehrig's disease which has basically made him paralyzed. He uses a special computer that is built into his wheel chair. It allows him to tighten his right cheek muscle to select a word. Hawkings is unable to speak so he has to use this devise to communicate. He has learned to do this out of necessity. John McCain is able to speak and can have his wife or secretary type up what he is says. I'm sure if McCain chose to he could use his right cheek muscle to write a book, but that is hardly necessary.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]What, he can't use a Mac? I thought they were supposed to be intuitive...Guess not.[/citation]
McCain views buying a MAC as pork barrel spending.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]allnamestaken[/nom][/citation]
I'm not trying to make any political statement. My point is merely that attacking McCain for not using a computer is ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.