Judge: DoJ Has Plenty of Evidence Against Apple in Antitrust

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I hope that apple pays for this. I had to go to the bookstore because the e-book version off all my texts was more expensive, and that saying allot for spending around $600 a semester on books

nlreynolds80

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
As much as I'd like to see Apple get smacked with a good dose of karma, I'm not so sure I like this ocurring at the hands of the government.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
What kind of an idiot needs to publicly disagree with preliminary statements? Of course if you are going to court you "disagree" with anything that you are being accused of. Isn't that the point?

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
What I'm wondering is - why haven't prices for eBooks come down? the publishers are supposed to be out of the price-fixing business, but prices aren't lower.
And, that's what is stopping me from buying into eBooks right now. I can get the paper books cheaper with a discount, why buy eBooks, which cost far less to produce, when I can buy something I like better for less money? eBook readers are very nice, convenient, and the biggest factor for me, don't require me to take up more space in my small living quarters, but I still prefer a real book.
You are simply going to have to give me more incentive to switch than what there is at this point.

macpeteo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
For those complaining about College book prices, I agree! But those prices were high and remain high for paper books! Apple has no say what the publishers charge for the paper books! College book prices are part of the "Education scam".
As far as e-book College prices, well, for new revisions of the books price should be lower than what it was for the paper older version but for an e-book of an existing version, I cant see how it could be lower, someone has to convert those to digital format (maybe they already are in that format, we don't know).
Bottom line, its the publishers that are ripping off the students just as much as the Professors!

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. You don't get to the top in a capitalistic society without breaking rules. You're actually rewarded for it because the fines are only a fraction of the profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.