Judge Judy Befuddled by the $2,500 PlayStation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilamonsterz

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Or wait 2 months and buy it? I work at a store that rents (not rent-to-own) student supplies, I'll never understand rent-to-own or lay-away plans. I guess some people need help managing their money...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I remember seeing a PS2 at a local rent to own place for $1,500. This was after the PS3 was released.
I also remember a PS2 being sold at my local video store for $1,000 months after it was released...

I found this quite entertaining though. I've only been in a rent to own store because my mother did some work for the owner.

jojesa

Distinguished
She could have saved those payments in a piggy bank and after 4 months she would have had enough cash to buy a PS3 and a couple of game titles.
Sorry, but some people should not be allow to breed.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
sensible judgement. I wish I had the money to start a rent to buy scheme like that, it's nearly as good as those pay-day loans with 3000% apr...

elbert

Distinguished
Isn't there a way on the playstation network to see who is using them? Get the IP and trace it down. If she did this and proved he had it he could spend time in jail for lying under oath.

scott_madison1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]Isn't there a way on the playstation network to see who is using them? Get the IP and trace it down. If she did this and proved he had it he could spend time in jail for lying under oath.[/citation]

That would only work if it had been registered. If it hadn't they have no idea who bought it.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
[citation][nom]mgilbert[/nom]I couldn't bear to watch this video. I've seen just enough of "Judge" Judy to realize that she is nothing but an arrogant, obnoxious, holier than thou, camera hogging bitch.Her "rulings" have nothing to do with applicable laws or fairness. She makes snap judgments about people with virtually no proof, and then makes her "decisions" based on whoever kisses her ass the most.Anyone stupid enough to allow her to hear their case is a fool, and deserves whatever happens to them.[/citation]
I've seen a few random interviews with her before and she's really not like this at all. In fact, she is rather intelligent and level headed. She is a judge afterall. The whole tv personality thing you see is just that, an act meant to get viewers. She was probably never like this before she was on tv. But last I heard her 8 year contract was worth 90 million dollars, so as you can see it's clearly worth it for her to be a jerk on national television :p

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I'm betting this was actually a package deal. She probably got a 32in flat screen TV, PS3 and a crappy surround sound as well for $2500 and is unable to return it unless you have all items.

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
[citation][nom]mgilbert[/nom]I couldn't bear to watch this video. I've seen just enough of "Judge" Judy to realize that she is nothing but an arrogant, obnoxious, holier than thou, camera hogging bitch.Her "rulings" have nothing to do with applicable laws or fairness. She makes snap judgments about people with virtually no proof, and then makes her "decisions" based on whoever kisses her ass the most.Anyone stupid enough to allow her to hear their case is a fool, and deserves whatever happens to them.[/citation]
Then don't bring your sniveling, self serving, waste of time nonsense to trial. That is what 95% of these civil cases are. Someone is p.o.'d at someone, and they are just looking for revenge of some sort. I have watched her for years, and there have been very few times she made a decision that I didn't think was quick, direct, to the point and perfect. And yeah, she is not 21 years old anymore. But she is still smart, and she also has access to documents and proceedings that you don't see on the show. More than half of these cases I would say her mind is already made up because of the nature of the case, and laws in place that pertain to it, before the people ever even set foot in the courtroom. But yes, this is a TV show too, and some dramatics must be played out.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I remember rent-a center were selling VCRs for like $500 even though they were obsolete I never step foot in their again. Just take advantage of people.

G

I am well aware of her resources. And, as you said, she often has her mind made up before the disputing parties even reach the courtroom! She makes her mind up who she likes, and who she doesn't, before she hears any evidence, and God help you if she doesn't like you. She badgers, berates, and insults those she doesn't like, and that is most unprofessional.

If you can't act mature and argue your case without calling me names and insulting me, don't respond to what I've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.