Judge Rejects RIAA Piracy Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The RIAA was hit with another setback when the district court in Atlantic v. Howell denied the RIAA’s argument of making files available constitutes as illegal distribution. It’s an argument by the RIAA that has worked in the past.
The RIAA argued that a

Judge Rejects RIAA Piracy Claims : Read more

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
RIAA, MPAA and all other morons need to wake up and smell the coffee. Piracy will never stop, it will only become temporarily harder or easier depending on technology. Yes it is 100% wrong. Today people think that there is only one type of economical model for selling copyrighted works. We can all benefit if Developers just make some compromises and a social bargain .

G

Sounds to me like a bit of entrapment.... a contractor of the RIAA???

G

It's going to be a long uphill battle for the MPAA/RIAA. Way before Napster and the P2P networks, users who wanted free movies/songs could get them just as easily. Just a matter of knowing where to look. The thing is - they're barking up the wrong tree. When was the last time there was a singer/band worth paying for? How many movies are released per year, and of those, how many are worth paying to see or buy? Until the industries put their effort into producing quality recordings/movies rather than in the mouths of their lawyers/contractors, I really don't give a *NMAD* about all the judgements for/against them. They're not getting my pennies. -P.S. I do put my money where my mouth... err.. fingers are - I purchase all the CDs/DVDs which I felt were good products after I "preview" them courtesy of the P2P networks. ;) Quality, which the P2P networks can't provide, comes at a price for me; it should be the same for the MPAA/RIAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.