Kernel Data Inpage Error (help!

Stormzicecream

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Firstly, pardon me for mistakes I make in English.

So I've had this laptop for almost two years now and it's been working very good untill now.
I was playing a game untill it suddenly stopped responding and I got a BSoD with a kernel date inpage error. I've tried chckdsk on cmd, but it didn't work (or did I do it wrong?). I do not know what to do. Since then, other problems are occuring. Those problems are windows explorer not responding, start menu not closing or loading,... I also got this problem where whenever I try to click or open something, windows explorer would crash and restart. I had to reboot my computer to stop it and now I'm afraid it will occur again.
I really need to get this solved quickly, because I need this laptop for work etc.
I have an alienware m14x running windows 7. It has an NVidia GeForce 600M with 6GB of RAM and an HDD. There should not be any viruses.

Please help!

- Stormzicecream

Solution
Just select chkdsk /r/f The /f fixes errors detected and the /r Identifies Bad Sectors and attempts recovery of information.
Don't worry about /x yet I know it don't work well in Vista so leave it for now.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Did you right click in the command prompt and select run as administrator before trying to run chkdsk commands?
then type, C:/f/r/x C being the drive to check and fix.

chkdsk will run not run in the windows environment a reboot is required it will run on next reboot before windows loads.

Stormzicecream

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

I just did chkdsk/r and rebooted and windows is now checking my disk. Is that correct?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Just select chkdsk /r/f The /f fixes errors detected and the /r Identifies Bad Sectors and attempts recovery of information.
Don't worry about /x yet I know it don't work well in Vista so leave it for now.

Solution