Kevin Smith Wages War Against "Fattist" Airline

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I hate fat people on planes, the seats are getting smaller but fat people keep getting wider... They should pay for multiple seats if they take that much room. I want my arm rest damn it!

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Hmmmm....he pruchased two tickets on a regularly schedule flight, changed his mind, and wound up on another flight in a single seat.
I wonder what the fine print says.

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]A picture of the rest of him:http://poponthepop.com/wp-content/ [...] mith-b.jpg[/citation]
crap, he is a big one...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If the news is to be believed, there are more fat people in the U.S. than thin people ("average people" still have a hard time fitting in those cramped little seats too). But I guess that the airlines can survive with only 40% of the population flying, so no need to cater to fat people by, say, making the seats a little bigger.

Oh wait, the airlines can't survive anything, and only live on thanks to multiple government bailouts. Of course, that's their whole reasoning for their anti-customer rules and regulations anyway. They know if they go bankrupt again thanks to their ridiculous policies, the government will just bail them out again. I think there was a whole Southpark episode dedicated to the ineptitude of airline management.

Anyway, I never fly southwest in the first place. Like hell if I'm going to fight against other passengers to get a damn seat on the airplane. Assign me a seat so I can get to the airport when I damn well feel like it (a no first class? thats a fat guys last refuge).

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"The airline detailed that flying standby means everyone else gets to board the plane first and standby passengers board once everyone else is seated. Smith boarded the plane and was given a single seat."
I'm sure this IS detailed in their policy that this is how it works if you wish to change your flight. But seems like Kevin wanted special treatment...got none...so played the discriminated-against-card...I think THIS IDEA has already become a standard in our American culture?!? HAHA!!

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
i don't properly fit in an airline seat because im to tall. does that mean im a safety hazard as well?

G

Sorry Kevin, it's fat asses like you that make the average majority (such as myself) uncomfortable for any length of flights. If you hate it so much then buy your own private jet or learn to fly a Cessna. It gives me great honor to say this next bit- you probably won't even fit in the pilot's seat. Shouldn't that be a wake up call to hire a personal trainer instead of taking offense? You asked for an early flight; people who have ever traveled early departures should all know that seats are limited.

ducttape ego

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Airplanes, movie theaters, amusement park rides: all things large people can't do (but should be allowed to try)

I have a fat friend (not as large as Mr. Smith, though) who will never go to a movie theater again after being asked to leave because he was 'too large to comfortably fit in a single seat'. wat?

ducttape ego

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Airplanes, movie theaters, amusement park rides: all things large people can't do (but should be allowed to try)

I have a fat friend (not as large as Mr. Smith, though) who will never go to a movie theater again after being asked to leave because he was 'too large to comfortably fit in a single seat'. wat?

G

What's the appeal of this guy? I don't get it. Is there more to it than just a vulgar little troll. He gets invited to a Macintosh show and he talks about his genitals for most of the speech. Wow, Kevin, I really was interested in the sweaty junk of some obese f-bomb machine. It's like he's the king of the emotionally malfunctioning who worship him because he made one nearly adequate independent film years ago.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I do not get the hate against fat people. It is not like the airlines are selling a service.

Lets look at it this way. If I buy a 1 terabyte HD but my stuff will not fit on it the HD manufacturer should just give me another 1 terabyte drive. It is not my fault my stuff will not fit on one drive.

On a more serious note, I used to fly all the time. Every once in a while you will see the flight attendants moving people around to balance the plane (no, I am not talking about moving people out or into emergency exit seats). This is usually done at the request of the pilot.

Also, to those that say, "Just me the seats bigger," do you know what that would do? It would me the airline can service fewer people on a flight which does what? Ohh, right, makes ticket prices go even higher then they are now.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I do not get the hate against fat people. It is not like the airlines are selling a service.

Lets look at it this way. If I buy a 1 terabyte HD but my stuff will not fit on it the HD manufacturer should just give me another 1 terabyte drive. It is not my fault my stuff will not fit on one drive.

On a more serious note, I used to fly all the time. Every once in a while you will see the flight attendants moving people around to balance the plane (no, I am not talking about moving people out or into emergency exit seats). This is usually done at the request of the pilot.

Also, to those that say, "Just me the seats bigger," do you know what that would do? It would me the airline can service fewer people on a flight which does what? Ohh, right, makes ticket prices go even higher then they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.