Keyboard issues on ASUS laptop

Jul 12, 2018
Hello

I came to visit my parents (and do some tech support on their laptop) and found out that their keyboard is not working properly. for example, typing the letter i results in the laptop writing down urw as well as onening the ctrl+f menu on a web page. letter r does the same urw and ctrl+f, t types in zt and a few empty spaces, k results in jf and scrolls down the screen and so on.

at first i thought it was some issue with the mobo conenction or something, but then it happened on the outside keyboard i have plugged in trough the usb port. i have tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and stuff, pressing fn in combo with num lock and caps lock as suggested on some other pages, but nothing helped. my outside keyboard works properly after being plugged out and in again, but after a while it starts doing the same thing as the built in keyboard. i dont know what else to do. please help! thank you very much!

Laptop: ASUS X552C

Solution
Are you testing that USB keyboard with the laptop keyboard disconnected from the motherboard? Try that if you have not. Check if it works in Safe Mode, check if it works using a Linux Live boot disk.

TRENDING THREADS