Keyboard not working properly (not a hardware issue)

thewanderess17

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hi,
I use windows 8.1
Almost a month ago my friend had used my laptop to download a subtitle from ‘opensubtitles.com’ and I realized he happened to click on some pop-up links and the system was downloading something. Although I quickly aborted the operation, my browsers were severely affected and I had to uninstall Google Chrome and reinstall firefox several times to get it working correctly.
However I noticed that there was something strange with my keyboard- whenever I press a key two keys were pressed together-and backspace adds ‘]’ character. ( I noticed backspace doesn’t add this character while it is on the login screen- yet other keystrokes were same in the login screen as well)
After clearing several temporary files and folders I managed to get my keyboard working properly.
But that hasn’t solved my problem- every time I restart my computer my keyboard/keystrokes go back to same situation.
That it has become a necessity for me to run the ‘cleanmgr.exe’ on admin mode after restarting the computer to get the keyboard working correctly.
Can anyone suggest a solution for this recurring problem? I know that something is changed everytime I restart my system, and I know that the problem is ‘located’ in the temporary folders and files but I unable to locate the origin of the problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
You should be running some good deep virus and also malware scans. They often hide in places you would not expect on the system, so that you can't easily remove them on your own.