Keyboard not working

dhruv10

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
My laptop HP pavilion 14-b012AU
Keyboard works occasionally.Tried everything except uninstalling​ graphic drivers. I want to know that can I install the driver again after uninstalling because I don't want to compromise with my graphics.

dhruv10

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
I'm using Windows 8 single language ( whose update stops automatically while updating).I haven't checked for bios yet.And Windows says that my chipset drivers are up to date.
Before replying I tried uninstalling my graphics Tablet and softwares related but still my keyboard doesn't work

dhruv10

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
My current BIOS version is F.01 year 2012 and update available is F.04 year 2016.It's UEFI so new for me but I'll still update and contact you.Thanks

dhruv10

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
Product Name: Pavilion Sleekbook 14 b012AU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I was updating bios so my internal keyboard works ,after updating all drivers,using external keyboard now update is stuck at Erasing and writing on InsydeFlash, I can use my keyboard and mouse please help.its stuck for half hour now

Lutfij

Splendid
You should be patient when updating BIOS. Prematurely shutting off the unit or even experiencing a power failure in the period your BIOS is updating can and will brick the system.

Are you sure you got the right BIOS? The BIOS revision on their support page says otherwise. It lists F.1E Rev.A dating Sep 19, 2016 to be the latest. Which link are you looking at and where did you source your BIOS revision from?

On another note, can you please state where you got your copy of Windows 8? Did it come with your laptop?

dhruv10

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
Sir,I have updated my BIOS successfully .Yes the version is F.1E Rev.A dating September 19,2016.
I just wrote that by mistake.I have an original copy of Windows 8 Single language 64bit,It came preloaded with my laptop.