Keyboard replacement question

fsaf

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Hey, community!
A whole row of keys on my laptop keyboard stopped working. I tried some "fixes" but nothing helped. In the end I guess I'll be ordering a replacement keyboard.
My question is if I could replace my keyboard with another one that has a different keyboard layout and positioning of the keys?
The laptop model is 655 and my original keyboard's layout is in Bulgarian. The closest to my language is Russian so when I looked up for keyboard replacements offers in another site I found a keyboard that is said to be compatible with my laptop. The only problem is that some of the keys are not situated where they are in my original keyboard. Is this a problem for the keyboard keys to work properly?
Thanks to anyone of help!
Attaching the pictures to imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/ISF3k

fsaf

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks for that reply Tesetilaro! I appreciate it so much!

I forgot to clarify that I will be using the keys as you would use a keyboard - I only care about the English letters not the Russian ones. So if the Russian inscription is not correct I would not mind one bit.

I wonder if it's a problem that on my original keyboard I have a big Enter key and on the replacement keyboard the Enter key is small and there's another key on top of it. That other key on my original keyboard is next to the left Shift key while the replacement keyboard has a larger left Shift key. Those are the only two differences that I can see that bother me.

So in your opinion would the Enter key, the left Shift key and the backslash key work as intended or there would be some discrepancy?

Thanks so much for your helpful knowledge!