Question Keyboard typing random letters/numbers/symbols only when saving files.

UnclKracker1

Commendable
Mar 27, 2017
When I try to save any file my keyboard gives random outputs when naming. I have to use sticky notes to create the file name then cut and paste it into the save window. Here are some examples of the results of pressing each key 8 times.It only does this when saving a file. Everywhere else the keyboard functions normally.

q: vt8vt6p5 Q: K^LIPBOT
w: ey3nytoi W: MP!GKAK(
e: pz1qm79a E: (TYPNR)F
r: wwo1je07 R: TXNW&AXK
t: yxtb10cg T: IO@%^CMN
y: whqsbv2u Y: OZXXQKQ)
space: avusxla1 shift/space: (HODXTUW
3: t60bjfq8 shift/3: RI$H&W!V
6: opfa4dun shift/6: SEP$HDCE
9: xx6a2kmi shift/9: F$XQXDVE
-: a0q96gwi shift/_: @SGR@YK*
=: u1s9rn7j shift/+: ZSIL!X*E

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Have a look in Programs & Features to see any suspicious programs installed. try using cmd to view installed programs

Step 1.
wmic product get name

Step 2.
wmic product where name=“ProductName” call uninstall

replace "ProductName" with the name of the program that you want to uninstall from the list brought up from the first command.

Jun 11, 2019
We had the same issue precisely, we are not 100% sure what we did, but it was to do with Function NumLock... the NumLock was set to a weird setting. Now we fixed it we cannot break it again... but at least it is fixed.

Jul 7, 2019
When I try to save any file my keyboard gives random outputs when naming. I have to use sticky notes to create the file name then cut and paste it into the save window. Here are some examples of the results of pressing each key 8 times.It only does this when saving a file. Everywhere else the keyboard functions normally.

q: vt8vt6p5 Q: K^LIPBOT
w: ey3nytoi W: MP!GKAK(
e: pz1qm79a E: (TYPNR)F
r: wwo1je07 R: TXNW&AXK
t: yxtb10cg T: IO@%^CMN
y: whqsbv2u Y: OZXXQKQ)
space: avusxla1 shift/space: (HODXTUW
3: t60bjfq8 shift/3: RI$H&W!V
6: opfa4dun shift/6: SEP$HDCE
9: xx6a2kmi shift/9: F$XQXDVE
-: a0q96gwi shift/_: @SGR@YK*
=: u1s9rn7j shift/+: ZSIL!X*E

It sounds like you and I have the same problem. Do you have Sophos on your computer? If so it's down to the keylogger protection in the software.

Check out this link and instructions are there on how to fix it.

Hope it helps.

Paul.

https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029663072

Jul 30, 2019
It sounds like you and I have the same problem. Do you have Sophos on your computer? If so it's down to the keylogger protection in the software.

Check out this link and instructions are there on how to fix it.

Hope it helps.

Paul.

https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029663072

Thanks very much for the above Paul, I've just installed Sophos on both my inlaws machines and they were running into this issue since last week.Its been driving me nuts trying to sort this out. Have disabled it so hopefully it sorts this issue out.

Thanks again for the post, really appreciate it.

Rob

tonyczar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010