Khan Academy Launches New Computer Science Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I love this! Making resources for programming available to kids. I didn't get into studying programming till after college, but my interest, I believe, influenced a 12 year old that I'm friends with to want to make games, so he learned java while I learned xaml/c# for wp7. And he's very good at it. This is great!

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]As this an article or an ad ?Maybe we call it an adticle :)[/citation]
I'm being drowned in hidden agenda.
Khan academy is awesome, I went and bought a maths course after a while of using khan. It is a fantastic resource.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
This is an interesting concept as I've taken my share of CS courses in high school and college. With CS, it's really hit or miss. Either you start learning programming at an early age by picking up your dad's C++ and DOS books and learning from scratch on your own or you're blindsided by CS's complexity upon taking your first required school CS course. Khan's business model presents an alternative and attractive way to encourage people to study such a highly advanced but also mundane discipline.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]As this an article or an ad ?Maybe we call it an adticle :)[/citation]
Wow trolling against a non profit that's only here to help make the world a better place and provide learning tools to children. Yeah, thats how much of an ass you are..

Khan academy does wonderful things. I have personally setup computers in small villages in multiple continents to have access to this where they would otherwise have no knowledge or resources to learn science and math.

This is one of the best things Google and Bill and Melinda have done for our world. I just wish it had more good press.

Thanks Jane, your the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.