Question Kidnapped Touchscreen

Jan 28, 2021
Kidnapped Touchscreen. I have an HP ENVY. After a recent Windows update, my touchscreen no longer worked. In fact, the software and drivers were completely removed from my computer. No sign of it in the device manager including hidden devices. It was working perfectly fine before the update. The update was early January 2021. Suggestions, please.

Reactions: Hydra119
Jan 28, 2021
Hi Guys
I am in no way holding anyone responsible. So this what happened.
I followed the link and then followed the instructions. After the drivers were downloaded I started the install. The first was a Bios update. It took about 3 or 4 minutes and then notified me that the computer must be restarted and noted that upon restart the screen would remain blank for several minutes. It never rebooted. Just the power light came on. I was afraid to touch anything so I left it alone till the next morning. I tried several times to restart it but nothing happens. The power button light can be turned off and on but that's it. Suggestions?

Jan 28, 2021
If still stuck, try holding the power button down until the system fully shuts down and then try re-starting the laptop.

Also, try connecting an external display to see if anything appears on it.
If still stuck, try holding the power button down until the system fully shuts down and then try re-starting the laptop.

Also, try connecting an external display to see if anything appears on it.
Tried the external display. Nothing. When you push the power button, the button lights up and you can hear the fan trying to start. After one second the fan stops tries to restart for another second and stops again. I am assuming its a fan that I hear, it's very faint. This is all that happens. Again, worked perfectly fine before the windows update. I am willing to open it up.