Kindle Fire Price May Drop to $149 Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
If you download all kinds of large files from file storage websites, I recommend buying this. If it takes hours to download, rather than using your laptop or PC especially, use Kindle to download files. It'll save energy and moola for you. My Kindle gets the job done. After DL, I simply transfer files to the PC. You can save up to 5gb I think.

AznCracker

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]If you download all kinds of large files from file storage websites, I recommend buying this. If it takes hours to download, rather than using your laptop or PC especially, use Kindle to download files. It'll save energy and moola for you. My Kindle gets the job done. After DL, I simply transfer files to the PC. You can save up to 5gb I think.[/citation] not everyone has bandwidth restrictions

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
also, werent amazon losing money by selling these at $200? i dont see why they would lower the price down $50 if they were already losing money.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]also, werent amazon losing money by selling these at $200? i dont see why they would lower the price down $50 if they were already losing money.[/citation]

It's already at a loss or close to it so losing another $50 isn't going to hurt them that much as it will make up in volume with e-book sales.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I love, love love my kindle....
Without it, I would be way behind the curve in my college studies.... This thing has tons more longterm value, and bang for the buck than the iPad... Yea, it's because of the Store, but... knowledge is power... and power is money!

Status
Not open for further replies.