Kindle Owners Older and Richer Than iPad Owners

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I don't get why they compare readers to iPad, it's like a free Jopple compain. Compare reader devices to reader devices please. Kindoe to Sony Readers to Nook.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]And since they are younger, they will naturally have less of an education since, just maybe, a big chunk of them are still in school?[/citation]
Did it come to your mind, that apple products are basically fashion devices? Guess what, this is just another proof o that.

G

What interested me was that the Kindle and iPhone numbers were so simular.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It's easy, smart people read books. They would only use the device for reading books. They have no need of an iPad for anything other than reading books.

Also, they probably buy their books from Amazon, so are exposed to kindle advertising.

What would be more useful if they also did a study of 'nook' owners from barnes and noble. They would probably find the same pattern as the kindle.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
interesting, since it's pretty much what Apple used to claim about its Mac products, that the owners were more educated, and stuff.

funny how this time being less expensive ended up appealing to the upper segment instead of the other way around.

I think they should have included sexual orientation... I'm sure Apple owners a much more likely to be gay. which is fine by itself but should not be an excuse to buy Apple products... and should not be interpreted as all owners being gay either... just many of them.

I own an iPhone 4 and my girlfriend is hotter than yours.

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
The moral of this story, is that anyone smart enough to earn a decent living, doesn't need to validate themselves on facebook etc ....

djsting

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]LOL at the haters jumping in again trying to twist statistics around so they can bash Apple.Hey geniuses, here's a thought for you:iPad owners are younger while Kindle owners are older.Did it ever occur to you that since iPad owners are younger, their net incomes would be smaller as people tend to make more money as their careers advance? And since they are younger, they will naturally have less of an education since, just maybe, a big chunk of them are still in school?[/citation]

I was going to take a slightly less trolling approach to say the same thing. All apple jokes aside, it would make more sense that Kindle users are more educated if they tend to be older. Based on the age group a good portion of the apple users are still in college. In time those numbers should flucuate. The same thing goes for money. Chances are, if you are 40 and have a master's degree, you are making considerably more than say a 22 year old fresh out of college.

I do find it interesting that they do not give statistics on Ipad owners education. I'd like to see what the gap is, before making some vague statement about kindle users being more educated. If it's 27% (kindle) vs 26% (apple) then we know the report was biased.

Next point on the older users going toward the Kindle. Since he kindle is bascially just an E-reader, and much less expensive, the older generations tend to be more practical with their purchases. If all they want is an E-reader, then why buy an ipad? As I said before though, as the Ipad generation gets older, those numbers should change.

G

Hey Jane, If 63 percent of iPad owners are under the age of 35what is the percentage of Kindle owners under 35? In what way are Kindle owners older?

stella2love

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
stela1lovedesmond@yahoo.com
GREETINGS FROM stella ..............................
Hello
My name is miss stella viewing and going through your profile address today has made me to became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so that i can send you my picture, for you to know and see whom i am.
Here is my email address(stela1lovedesmond@yahoo.com) believe we can move from here!
I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
stella .
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
PLEASE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GO DIRECT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW TO CONTACT ME NOW..............................................................
HAPPY TO READ FROM YOU
BYE....
stela1lovedesmond@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.