Klipsch 5.1 Speakers stopped working

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
Hey guys,

I have a simultaneous thread on the klipsch forums but it seems like that's a graveyard so I thought I'd pop over to the best hub for info ever and see if there were any pros around ;)

So a couple days ago my sub woofer popped (like it does when you turn it on) but it seemed a little louder than before and now i get no sound out of the speakers, but the headphone jack on the controller works fine, and it switches back and forth just fine. Basically I'm getting power to the volume controller, and I'm able to toggle between its headphone and speaker option.

It's not my soundcard, that works fine as well. So my question is, what happened? Did the amplifier blow?
If so and the amp regulates the sound coming into the headphone jack then that shouldn't work either?

I have a USB headset that I've been using to listen to whatever (since I watch my TV shows streaming online as well), but it's kind of getting annoying and id like to have my speakers functional again, I just need to know the problem since I don't really want to ship my entire sub woofer out.

Thanks!

Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia (THX)

Solution
Check if the fuse is ok, the power (Amp) transistor/IC may have blown. The fact that you still have audio through headphone is that your preamp is separated from the power amp.

Unfortunately, the problem could be just blown transistors to damage PCB. Unless you know to troubleshot the damage component, I recommend you have Klipsch fix the problem, or you can take it to your local electronics repair shop.

There is no alternative to having it serviced, hopefully under warranty. There may be popped internal fuses, but high voltage inside, watch out. :non:

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah I know I need some part replaced, and I don't think its a fuse because it happened randomly while I was listening to stuff (after I had been for a couple hours).

I'm just looking for what I need to replace so I dont have to ship the whole sub to someone (it's heavy, would be expensive)

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Check if the fuse is ok, the power (Amp) transistor/IC may have blown. The fact that you still have audio through headphone is that your preamp is separated from the power amp.

Unfortunately, the problem could be just blown transistors to damage PCB. Unless you know to troubleshot the damage component, I recommend you have Klipsch fix the problem, or you can take it to your local electronics repair shop.

Solution

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah I'll probably just end up taking it there I was just hoping to avoid huge (and unexpected) fees. I'm thinking it should be under like $50 unless the amp needs to be replaced?