Konami Slashes Prices of App Store Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I fail to see how slashing prices on a product proves the future of gaming.

You also fail to mention, these "mini" games don't exist on the PSP because it has real games, like the PSX library including FF7, Tomb Raider, etc. for $9.99. The DS, while it may not have a full library online yet, has the cartridge games for $10-$20 that contains hundreds of "mini" games which saves you $ when you compare games per dollar. In fact, if I count the "mini" games featured in fully functional games, like FF7, even the PSP will trump your little misfit toy.

You can keep your dollar mini games Kevin, I'll play a fully featured games while you get bored after 5 minutes of playing.

And since no "Kevin

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Ok Kevin, I usually defend you against all of this Apple flaming crap (even though I'm a XP/Ubuntu person) but this is just bad. It should read "Konami lowering prices on Apple's app store." Not "Apple is now king of portable gaming because Konami decides to lower it's prices."

You also say "So why are they so cheap? We have no clue, and we also don't know when this virtual sale will come to an end." So why are you claiming it's because of Apple's "awesomeness."

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[seems a less than sign and the letter 3 breaks post}

And since no "Keven loves his iPhone" article is complete without it:
...chapter 2 for $3.99.Currently Sony only...
Maybe you should get in on that MS Office beta.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Only thing the PSP is missing is 3G, and slightly open development (for those who don't want to hack their PSP) to allow some basic programs it's missing (such as an alarm clock, which is available if hacked).

First off, the PSP is a real gamer. It's designed for gaming. It has net, though it is questionable at best, pre-installed VoIP is nice. The PSPgo also makes a great MP3 player, though the Media Go program needs some work (just needs playlist syncing). A higher resolution screen with multi touch (for typing), a second analog stick, GPS, and it's damned near perfect.

Full 2G/3G (and maybe even the upcoming 4G), with full VoIP supprt, and who the hell needs a phone?

Media Go is just awesome too. Converts my songs into MP3 format as I transfer my songs, and it's very easy to buy games.

Though most PSP games are $20 (via PSN download), it's more than worth it to have real games.

Who the hell wants a new iPod touch? Give me a PSP 4000 or N2000, and I'd sell my iPod/iPhone if I had one.

It's sad that someone thinks the iPhone is the future of portable gaming. The PSP transfered to a phone would be better than a iPhone transfered to a gaming device.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Not appealing to me. I don't need a phone that eats $40+ a month. I pay $100 a year ($200 max with extra minutes @ end) for phone. I game with PC and X360.

Status
Not open for further replies.