Kurio tab 2 not charging

Clomzer

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Hi my sons kurio tab 2 has stopped charging,it switches on to start screen for a couple of seconds then goes off again. It's less than a year old but is out of warranty because it was bought over a year ago,does anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it???

Solution
It can't be less than a year old yet bought over a year ago. If purchased over a year ago, then it is over a year old. :)

That said... Try the following and see if it will charge...

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't help, then test the charger cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord on your device. It is also best to try a cord by the same manufacturer.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: Yes I know the battery is not so easy to remove in tablets, however it can...
It can't be less than a year old yet bought over a year ago. If purchased over a year ago, then it is over a year old. :)

That said... Try the following and see if it will charge...

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't help, then test the charger cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord on your device. It is also best to try a cord by the same manufacturer.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: Yes I know the battery is not so easy to remove in tablets, however it can be done if one is careful. There are a lot of videos online that can walk one through it.

Solution