L.A. Noire Developer Enters Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What does "entered administration" mean? I read this whole article and I have no idea what it's about. :(

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]twin1978[/nom]What does "entered administration" mean? I read this whole article and I have no idea what it's about.[/citation]

Second that xD

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
[citation][nom]twin1978[/nom]What does "entered administration" mean? I read this whole article and I have no idea what it's about.[/citation]

Don't it mean they're going under?

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
prolly a restructure is what it means letting go of people and bringing new people in or better yet promote from within and hire on new blood for the programmers

G

Administration means they were taken over by the court/government. The company is allowed to continue running for the purpose of settling debts. It's an alternative to liquidation when a company seeks bankruptcy protection. Chances are if they are not able to get a publisher to support another title, they will end up liquidating.

LA Noire has slightly tarnished Rockstar's brand. It's a marginally acceptable game that has done well in sales thanks to steep discounting during pre-order and within 2 weeks of the release. Ultimately the game is just too easy: it holds your hand far too much, and the story advances regardless of the mistakes you make. After awhile you just don't care anymore how it ends up, and this shows in that it has one of the worst completion rates of any rockstar/take two title.

G

"What does "entered administration" mean? I read this whole article and I have no idea what it's about."

It's the Aussie/British/NZ equivalent of Chapter 11.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bootsattheboar[/nom]Administration means they were taken over by the court/government.[/citation]
Administration can be voluntary, in which case the company is handed over to an administration firm to sort out their books and try to salvage what can be salvaged. It's an interesting way of doing things, because the administrators are paid crap loads of money while the company is flat broke.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bootsattheboar[/nom]Administration means they were taken over by the court/government. The company is allowed to continue running for the purpose of settling debts. It's an alternative to liquidation when a company seeks bankruptcy protection. Chances are if they are not able to get a publisher to support another title, they will end up liquidating.LA Noire has slightly tarnished Rockstar's brand. It's a marginally acceptable game that has done well in sales thanks to steep discounting during pre-order and within 2 weeks of the release. Ultimately the game is just too easy: it holds your hand far too much, and the story advances regardless of the mistakes you make. After awhile you just don't care anymore how it ends up, and this shows in that it has one of the worst completion rates of any rockstar/take two title.[/citation]

rockstar has good branding?
if anything this game was better than most of the games rockstar pushes out.

and as for difficulty, i love games that let you go on without winning. this game was purely about story, most people never finish games, this allowed them to finish the game.

personally, i hate rockstar games, because of the difficulty.
dont get me wrong, i like hard games. but if the game is a cake walk, and than out of nowhere, a mission so hard you want to break the controller... with no ramping up of difficulty... you get my point right?

freetheweed

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
So let me get this straight... Team Bondi, the developer behind this year's smash-hit game LA Noire, has entered administration?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]freetheweed[/nom]So let me get this straight... Team Bondi, the developer behind this year's smash-hit game LA Noire, has entered administration?[/citation]

it cost lets assume 10 million a year, they went on for 6 years, and came up with/used a new facial mapping system... yea, i can see how just being the bigger game doesn't make them a financial success.

they are getting between 8 and 12$ per game sold.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]rockstar has good branding? if anything this game was better than most of the games rockstar pushes out.and as for difficulty, i love games that let you go on without winning. this game was purely about story, most people never finish games, this allowed them to finish the game. personally, i hate rockstar games, because of the difficulty. dont get me wrong, i like hard games. but if the game is a cake walk, and than out of nowhere, a mission so hard you want to break the controller... with no ramping up of difficulty... you get my point right?[/citation]

yeah i agree with this dude , ever GTA game in exsistance suffered from this problem SEVERELY , yiou'd be chuging along in the game with ease then all of asudden one mission would give you the biggest slice of hell ever introduced to the gaming world. it was so bad in GTA san andreas , it soured me to the idea GTA 4 (which i still havent ever gotten) instead i grabed saint's row and saint's row 2 both of which have much better difficultly balancing in them .

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I agree with several others; administration didn't make sense to me. Maybe its Australian English, but I would've liked some clarification as to what it actually means.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]yeah i agree with this dude , ever GTA game in exsistance suffered from this problem SEVERELY , yiou'd be chuging along in the game with ease then all of asudden one mission would give you the biggest slice of hell ever introduced to the gaming world. it was so bad in GTA san andreas , it soured me to the idea GTA 4 (which i still havent ever gotten) instead i grabed saint's row and saint's row 2 both of which have much better difficultly balancing in them .[/citation]

you read my mind.

but san andreas... everyone should know this mission, the rc airplane.
i thought it was mandatory, not optional. and that is apparently one of the harder missions in that game with some friends telling me the hardest.

you know, up till gta4, i thought that gameplay held the games back because with with the first 3 i knew for a fact most of the harder mechanics were gameplay flaws. but than, with number 4, the game play is great, however it was the difficulty scaling, here, while i was playing the game i didn't die once while i wasn't screwing around, until i believe the 4 star cocaine mission. than i couldnt beat it and for so long that it just got frustrating. mix that with bad mid mission checkpoints...

i can see a good game, but i just do not give a crap.

and with saints ro, those games have flaws, but i think because of the game mechanics, and mission scaling, they aren't nearly as frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.