Laggy Laptop While It's "Twin" is Fine

bragren

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this. My laptop has been having a lot of problems lately (and since I've had it,) and it is really laggy when trying to process opening Chrome, playing flash games, other high usage games like MOBAs, and Minecraft. The thing that really confuses me is that I play Skyrim plenty with zero lag. My brother has the same exact laptop and plays everything without lag. Here are the specs:

Intel 2.26 GH duo processor
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS Video card

This has been going on for quite some time. Help would be greatly appreciated!

bragren

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Yes, I checked my drivers just now. Malwarebytes has been running for some time and hasn't yet found anything. I'll update you when it finishes. Would it be smart to run CCleaner at the same time?

Ganz

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
It all depends on if you computer can handle it :p With you its probably better to just wait until malwarebytes is done. NOTE: CCleaner will delete all of your internet files including downloads history saved passwords ect.

bragren

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Ok. Malwarebytes is complete with no malicious files. CCleaner is also finished. I'm not sure if Minecraft is the best tester but it seemed to be doing a bit better, although world generation was still laggy, which makes sense. Can you think of a better way of testing if it helped?

bragren

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Ok, sorry for the extremely late response, but I tried Razor Cortex and it didn't seem to do much for my performance. Also, my laptop is indeed clean. Thanks for all the help on this little problem of mine!

TRENDING THREADS