Laptop 1 second freeze/stutter mystery

sdhar

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014
Hi all, i am having a problem with my laptop where it will freeze/stutter on games and sometimes out of games. The freeze started happening randomly while playing Day Z and happens every 5-10 secs for a 1-2 second duration. The laptop is good spec (I7-3630, GT 650m, 8GB RAM and 7200 RPM HDrive) and temperatures are pretty fine with gpu hitting ~80 degrees during games after a full clean out and CPU, GPU repaste. I have been searching around the internet for solutions and have tried them all including checking running processes, disabling individual hardware, upgraded drivers, re install windows 7, diagnostic tests and maybe some other stuff i cant remember right now.

I would appreciate any help toward this as i am getting concerned it may be an unsolvable hardware fault like the motherboard or GPU.

Thanks

sdhar

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014
Just to update for the solution. It was the momentus xt drive that was slowing down occasionally causing the stutters. I was told that this problem was common among the generation of the xt drive. So swapping it out for a new drive completely solved the problem.