Laptop adding memory

Delta Mike

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
After adding memory the Dell 3737 Inspiron laptop does not start. There is a repeated series of 4 bleeps. What causes this?

Solution
New sticks of RAM may not be compatible with your Dell model, or may not be compatible with the existing sticks of RAM (different brands of RAM (or RAM whose specs don't match) often won't work together.

When i came up against that problem I had to throw away the old RAM and start from scratch by installing a matched set of four which I bought all at the same time. That solved any compatibility problem and ensured that all four sticks would work together.
New sticks of RAM may not be compatible with your Dell model, or may not be compatible with the existing sticks of RAM (different brands of RAM (or RAM whose specs don't match) often won't work together.

When i came up against that problem I had to throw away the old RAM and start from scratch by installing a matched set of four which I bought all at the same time. That solved any compatibility problem and ensured that all four sticks would work together.

Solution