I have an ASUS Notebook F554L. Yesterday I plugged my USB stick into my laptop and I went to the bios so I could boot from it. But then my laptop just shut down and when I opened it, it just displayed a black screen with a white blinking line. I closed my laptop because I had no time to fix it, and when I opened it today it automatically opened the BIOS and I can't exit it. I can't boot from my hard drive or anything else. I have tried multiple things but everything ends up with me, stuck in the BIOS. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance!
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If these doesn't work do reset BIOS to default first, while it's in BIOS press F9 then reboot.
- Next is to remove the HDD then boot it up and see if it will get pass the BIOS screen.
- If it does, that means it's a problem withe the HDD itself.
- If it doesn't get pass the BIOS screen that could mean that its the motherboard that is faulty.
- You can try reseating the CMOS battery of your laptop as well that may do the trick as well.
I know its kinda late to answer your question and i hope you got your solution. But since others might be having the same prblm and as a matter of fact i too faced the same prblm so here is the solution. Turnoff your laptop and lift your F2 key and brush it gently for any dirt. Put it back and on your laptop again. This worked for my lenovo B490 where the bios key is F1