i recently replace my spoiled hard drive with a new one. With the new hard drive, i can hardly play any game as when i on dota 2 for like 5 seconds, it automatically shut down. Previously when using the old hard drive, i can play smoothly without any problem. Do anyone know how to solve it?
Does it happen even if you're laptop is connected to it's charger? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed and set it as the default GPU as well.