Laptop Battery Problem

asmsafiulbari

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I have a question. My laptop Battery deign capacity is 3894mAh. At present,my battery full charge capacity is 1552mAh. Is this battery is harmful for my laptop if I use my laptop all time with battery with AC power?

Solution
If you are not running it off the battery it shouldn't be harmful. That said, you should really only use a battery that is the right specs for your device.

Also, it is best to avoid aftermarket laptop batteries (and laptop charger cords). While aftermarket is great for some things, laptop batteries and charger cords are not on that list.
If you are not running it off the battery it shouldn't be harmful. That said, you should really only use a battery that is the right specs for your device.

Also, it is best to avoid aftermarket laptop batteries (and laptop charger cords). While aftermarket is great for some things, laptop batteries and charger cords are not on that list.

Solution

asmsafiulbari

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

So What I have to do?

ffg7

Splendid
DO NOT replace the battery if that battery originally came with that laptop. some laptops can use extended batteries that last longer because they have more battery cells causing the mAh rating to be higher which is good. what is the make & model# of the laptop?

webworkings, laptop manufacturers do not make batteries & power adapters but buy them from battery & power adapter manufacturers & mark the prices way up for when you need to buy a replacement battery or power adapter.

The same way one would identify them for any product. From cars to smartphones. Aftermarket things are wonderful in some cases and work just fine. However that isn't always the case. Take automobile windows (windshields, back glass, door glass, quarter glass, etc.). Some aftermarket glass, even though may actually be made through the same company that makes the OEM version (which also happens with a lot of products), they can also be of a lower quality, have different options/colors/features, etc. Even a 'slight' difference in glass thickness can make a world of difference in how well it holds up. As I have said before, not all aftermarket stuff is 'bad', but some things are worth the cost.