Laptop battery question

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Hi, My laptop have an internal battery and it is currently removed as it is bloated. Can I use it just with AC plug in? Meaning the laptop will not have any battery inside while I use it strictly only on AC. I know this is viable for those with removable battery, but what about those with internal battery? Will it affect the laptop in the long run?

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

Well, my laptop is the Razer Blade Pro 2013 edition. The battery got bloated after 1 year and 2month and to repair the battery, the cost of the labor charge is too expensive for me thus I was wondering if it's possible to just leave it battery-less

Are you sure it's not in warranty? That definitely sounds like a manufacturing defect.

Even if it's out of warranty, some countries (I know Aus and NZ, I think others) have protections like the Consumer Guarantees Act that force retailers to repair/replace goods that don't live up to a 'reasonable' life expectancy. A battery catastrophically failing after a year would certainly count, IMHO.

Also, fitting a new battery should be pretty easy, if you manage to remove the old one.

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Ohh really? I'm not too sure about the consumer gurantee thing but I'm living in Singapore. I'll guess I'll read up on it first. I can't really fit the new battery as I wasn't the one who removed the battery and it seems like the screws are damaged already

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

I have already ask Razer about it and my extended warranty guys and at first, Razer told me that is was most likely a faulty battery and they did not have such issue before. But another guy told me that they have repaired such issue before and would be willingly to repair it for free if it was under warranty but since it wasn't they would need to charge for the repair. My extended warranty people told me that it was most likely due to overcharging even though he told me that my laptop was suppose to have some smart charge feature to prevent overcharging??? But it still seems like a can't do anything about it as the extended warranty doesn't cover battery and since my laptop is out of warranty Razer said that the repair would be chargable

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

By the way, How do I attach pictures??? Maybe I could attach the pictures of the screws and battery??

Bottom half of the Forum Rules/Style Guide has info on posting images.

You may be able to get new screws pretty easily. You're also unlikely to need every screw in.

That's not feasible in laptops with built-in batteries.

I'm also not sure what you mean by 'play with charger'. There's not much you can do without exposing yourself to lethal voltages.

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

No what I mean is that the screw is damaged so I don't think i can open it... there seems to be 2 of the screws which are damaged and they both are near the battery location.

nelee15

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

This is how the screw is suppose to look like
29n73mc.jpg

This is how the 2 spoilt screw look like
nesz6.jpg
24ox2ki.jpg