Laptop beeping after BIOS update

Danthebugg

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
I have recently had to do a OS reinstall to the hdd of my Dell inspiron N5010 with Windows 10 home version, which up to a point was going swimmingly ; ).
The problem I have is that when I was installing the drivers from the Dell official website, after successful
Driver installations, i was then prompted to update my outdated bios version, which I naively thought would be a good idea (aren't updates always good !?) and proceeded.

Here lies the reason for this forum post.
After the update to the bios the laptop turned off and. Now everytime i turn on the laptop, after the update, the screen is black and beeps with a single beep every four seconds continuously without stopping.
This is my work laptop so I would greatly appreciate any insight or answer to my problem from anybody will to help.

UPDATE: Ok so far I have downloaded and using cmd extracted the bios file from the dell EXE i downloaded from Dell.
I think ran the tool for renaming it, and i used the PhoenixTool which told me to rename the Bios file"N05010.HDR".

I then drag and dropped that file onto a formatted FAT32 usb drive and plugged it into the laptop.
The thing is though, after all that, it is still just beeping every 4 seconds with black screen, but no BIOS recovery happening.
I have restarted it holding END and HOME and repeatedly pressing both to no success.
Any more pointers :( ?

Also I hugely appreciate your and any one else's input
Regards
Danthebugg

most amd and award bios have bios recovery from bad bios flashes.
https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/award-bios-recovery/
use the ami recovery first make a bootable usb stick and put the dell bios file on the usb stick and then rename it. the first time you boot up let the pc sit 20 min or more. if there not action reboot and hold home key down or try the other recovery.

Danthebugg

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

Is there any particular guide to doing this online (youtube perhaps) that you could link me? Im a decent techy following complex instructions but I did however cause this BIOS failure in the first place xD. So I would love it made as simplistic as possible
Regards
Danthebugg

Danthebugg

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

Update: Ok so far I have downloaded and using cmd extracted the bios file from the dell EXE i downloaded from Dell.
I think ran the tool for renaming it, and i used the PhoenixTool which told me to rename the Bios file"N05010.HDR".

I then drag and dropped that file onto a formatted FAT32 usb drive and plugged it into the laptop.
The thing is though, after all that, it is still just beeping every 4 seconds with black screen, but no BIOS recovery happening.
I have restarted it holding END and HOME and repeatedly pressing both to no success.
Any more pointers :(?

Also I hugely appreciate your and any one else's input

Danthebugg

iamjaimishra

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I got the same problem.
I updated my laptop Dell Inspiron N5010 Windows7 to Windows10.
Used Dell's official website for drivers update. It recommended update for my BIOS. I downloaded this update (file named "N5010 15A .exe" of 2.6 MB.) and ran .exe file and allowed to flash BIOS.
"Embeded Controller Firmware" window appeared only for 1-2 seconds. Then suddenly Display gone(like when in turn Off state). Only power button LED ON and no more signals of ON state. Even neither laptop was heating nor fan was runnig. This was similar like when laptop is in sleep mode.

I waited for 3-4 hour for laptop to come in ON like state and display something. But it didn't.
Then I attempted to power OFF but power button didn't work, it was in hang state.
I removed my laptop batter and replaced it. Then pressed power key to ON the laptop, but only beep comes in every 5 seconds.

Please help me to recover my Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop's BIOS.
Danthebugg how you solved your problem, can you explain please? I would be highly oblized to you.