Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor

Apr 19, 2019
Please help, my laptop has black screen but with an external monitor everything works (function keys too). What is the issue and how to fix?
I shone light on display but nothing seen btw

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

So this means if the laptop is under warranty, then you need to contact the manufacturer about a repair.

However, if it isn't under warranty, then you need to decide if you want to try and do the work yourself, or take it to a local tech.

Apr 19, 2019
If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

So this means if the laptop is under warranty, then you need to contact the manufacturer about a repair.

However, if it isn't under warranty, then you need to decide if you want to try and do the work yourself, or take it to a local tech.
Oh ok, will local tech repairs expensive or at least trust worthy?

Apr 19, 2019
That I can't answer. It is different everywhere. I would suggest contacting a few in your area about pricing, and even look them up online to see if there are any reviews.
Ok thank you, I don't have warranty you see, also could it be a Windows issue? I've heard stuff about faulty drivers etc. It was really sudden you see, it was working one minute then after opening it up it didn't turn on. After connecting it to external monitor the keyboard back light came on and Fn keys worked again