Solved! Laptop. black screen, No bios.

Deej12

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hello there :)

so i have some problems with a laptop, and i hope you could say what might be the problem here.

so i got a asus n73jn Laptop.

The problem is:

when i power the laptop on it stays in black screen, no bios and it turn off after 5 sec.´
the fan only spin 1 turn and then stops.

when i try to unplug the RAM the pc fan starts to run normal and it do not turn off, but still black screen and no beep codes.

i have tried to replace the ram with not luck.

and also reset the CMOS.

what can the problem be?

Solution
Did it run previously?
Remove the hard drive and the optical drive and any usb devices

try another power supply with same voltage and at least same amperage or more amperage (19 V DC, >=4.74 A, >=90 W)

any LEDs blinking on Laptop? LED on power supply?

battery (for powering the laptop) is inserted while trying to boot? remove and try just with the power supply connected
if not, insert battery, try without power supply and with power supply connected

read manual page A-8 and A-9
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N73JF/e5923_N73_eManual.zip
Did it run previously?
Remove the hard drive and the optical drive and any usb devices

try another power supply with same voltage and at least same amperage or more amperage (19 V DC, >=4.74 A, >=90 W)

any LEDs blinking on Laptop? LED on power supply?

battery (for powering the laptop) is inserted while trying to boot? remove and try just with the power supply connected
if not, insert battery, try without power supply and with power supply connected

read manual page A-8 and A-9
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N73JF/e5923_N73_eManual.zip

Solution

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... The proper order would be remove the MB battery first and clear/reset ~2 mins, remove the clear/reset, and then re-install the battery... Clean (Rubbing alcohol & cotton swab)/reseat your Ram sticks... on the next BOOT your MB will re-read your hardware and attempt to BOOT.

Is this how you did it? or do you wanna try this again? B /

1) How old is the Battery in it?
2) How Old is the power supply?

Deej12

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Ironsounds: yeah it's the same way i did it :) but i gonna try it again

Helpstar:

i have 2 of the same laptops and the power supply works on my other laptop. :)
the light on the MB turns on and after 5 sec it turns off and give a click sound from the hard-Drive.

also tried to remove the MB battery and the power supply and then hold the power button in 2 mins to remove every electricity.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... 2) Good test B )... not PS problem.

Typically there is "jumper Pins" on the MB to release the backup battery changing capacitor (electricity) too... Did you see any Labeled by the where the battery sits, on the MB?

3) as a another "Simple Test" can you remove the HD from the computer, too see if it is causing a problem with starting/power?