Question Laptop Black Screen of Death

Aug 24, 2021
The Battery and Power Lights come on when the power button is pressed, further nothing. A black screen of death greets me. There is no power on self test, no BIOS access, not booting and no Windows. This happened when I installed recovery software for a faulty disk. The Laptop just restart by itself and then stuck on the manufactures icon. I switched it off and on again and that was when I was greeted with the B(lack)SOD screen. There is no reaction what so ever. To my mind the motherboard of the laptop went bad and the laptop is now useless, except if the motherboard is replaced. Help me if I am wrong, I would dearly love to hear from any one, please

Was the recovery software obtained from a reliable source? Assuming you bought the recovery SW, try talking to the vendor. By BlackSOD do you mean a completely black screen with nothing? If this is the case, shine a flashlight on the screen at an angle and see if there is faint information on the screen. Do you see any blinking of the disk access light (assuming you have one)?

Aug 24, 2021
Was the recovery software obtained from a reliable source? Assuming you bought the recovery SW, try talking to the vendor. By BlackSOD do you mean a completely black screen with nothing? If this is the case, shine a flashlight on the screen at an angle and see if there is faint information on the screen. Do you see any blinking of the disk access light (assuming you have one)?
Totally Black. I all ready shine with my phone's torch on the screen. Nothing, totally black. As far as I know it is imposable that software can harm hardware. Another thing that I discovered is that the CPU fan does not work. It begins to spin on power on, but stops immediately and the PC becomes warm.

FYI--Software can harm hardware. An example is rootkits that take up residence in the BIOS. Long ago, monitors could be destroyed by particular software attacks. SSDs can be damaged by writing continuous patterns. Rare but not impossible.

Did you shine the light at an angle as I suggested? That is the only way to check for a failed backlight. What about the disk light flashing? Where did the recovery SW come from. I'm trying to help but can't if you don't answer my questions. If you know all the answers, why are you asking?

Aug 24, 2021
FYI--Software can harm hardware. An example is rootkits that take up residence in the BIOS. Long ago, monitors could be destroyed by particular software attacks. SSDs can be damaged by writing continuous patterns. Rare but not impossible.

Did you shine the light at an angle as I suggested? That is the only way to check for a failed backlight. What about the disk light flashing? Where did the recovery SW come from. I'm trying to help but can't if you don't answer my questions. If you know all the answers, why are you asking?
I mentioned in my reply that I used my cell's torch to shine on the screen and it is totally black, there is nothing. I try to use a crack to see if it really works. What I figured out later when I scan the HDD with malwarebytes in a other laptop that it was ransomware that was loaded on the machine. So it is illogical to harm the computer if you want ransom. The HDD is inside the laptop and is not visible from outside. The usb disk light is on.