Laptop Black Screen when opening games.

bokyabukari

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Hey All.

I bought my Razer Blade around November last year, and I automatically upgraded it to Windows 10. Since then, I've encountered the occasional glitch wherein I would run a game (usually either Heroes VI, but it does this with other games as well) and I would end up with a blank black screen. The keyboard is lit, and sometimes, not always, there is no audio playing. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work and I have to spend 5-15 minutes hard restarting my computer because when it restarts, it puts me back in the same state.

This went on maybe 2-3 times per week, until today where it happened to me again, but it took me around an hour to get it started up again. At first, I figured that it might have been my fault, and proceeded to download all the new drivers and uninstall, then reinstall all programs such as Nvidia, Intel and C++, but the problem persisted, throughout each mandatory restart. I tried looking online for someone with the same problem as me, but it seems either my computer is a lemon, or that my google-searching skills are extremely weak. (Yes, I have seen the black screen on start up error, and it's not related to mine. I see no mouse. One thing to note is that my keyboard lights up when I turn the computer on, blacks out for a second, then lights back up again during the times that it does NOT display the Razer symbol upon opening.)

I'll attach my dxdiag here. Has anyone encountered this problem, or know how to fix it? I'm pretty close on giving up on this laptop and just using my old one at this point. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Solution
I got it to work finally.

What I did was go to Geforce control panel, went to 3d settings then manually routed everything to use the Nvidia, instead of using the generic setting. It fixed itself after doing that.
Hi,

Have you tried doing a clean install of the graphics card driver?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot refer to the link below on how to set Nvidia as the default graphics card.
- http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- Do also make sure to run Windows Update and install all the updates available.
- If doing a clean install will not work connect an external monitor on your laptop as well and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Clean the inside of your laptop as well and make sure there's no dust on the fans then apply new thermal paste on the GPU and CPU.

bokyabukari

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
I got it to work finally.

What I did was go to Geforce control panel, went to 3d settings then manually routed everything to use the Nvidia, instead of using the generic setting. It fixed itself after doing that.

Solution