Laptop Black Screen?

Vaxes

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
I’ve recently had/currently have a problem with my display, or my hardware I don’t know.

So what happened was, I set my laptop up and everything like I always do, opened it turned it on and everything went well, until about 4 minutes in I got a crash error, I wish I was able to check what it said before it rebooted/shutdown but I couldn’t.

After that happened it turned back on but this time there was no display, the light showed it was on and it was charged, fans and boot sounds running fine. But there’s no display, none at all, no backlight or anything.
I’ve tried holding the power button and rebooting, and the hdmi test, but they both failed. Can’t take the battery out of the laptop due to it being enclosed.

Also shined the light on the screen no display at all or sense of light. Most likely going to turn it in, and see if my aced warranty covers it, do you think this covers it?

Kinda want to see if there is some solutions before I do so though..

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution