Laptop black screen

G

Hi, recently I was given an old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1450 Laptop. I disassembled it because it had two broken USB ports. I fixed the USB ports and assembled it back. But when I turned it on after assembling it the screen was black and keyboard wasn't responding, I was trying to disable Caps Lock and Num Lock but it wasn't working.

I checked cables and also checked if any component was put wrong. I also tried to boot it with one ram per slot(because it is dual channel) or with no ram. Note that when I took of the CPU I accidentally wraped a pin, It was just leaning against the other pin and I put it back in it's normal position. What it may be the problem?

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
It is hard telling what is going on. Taking apart a laptop and re assembling it tends to be way harder than doing the same on a desktop system. You could have zapped it with ESD (cpu, motherboard, any IC chip), but chances are you just didn't put it back together quite right. I would take it back apart and slowly put it together again making sure that all cables and connections are properly seated (those flat ribbon cables can be a pain sometimes). As long as the pin on the cpu didn't break and you straightened it that shouldn't be the issue.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
It is hard telling what is going on. Taking apart a laptop and re assembling it tends to be way harder than doing the same on a desktop system. You could have zapped it with ESD (cpu, motherboard, any IC chip), but chances are you just didn't put it back together quite right. I would take it back apart and slowly put it together again making sure that all cables and connections are properly seated (those flat ribbon cables can be a pain sometimes). As long as the pin on the cpu didn't break and you straightened it that shouldn't be the issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
MasterLewis Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 7
M Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 6
khushit Laptop Tech Support 3
Poxeh Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Bojan1 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1