Solved! Laptop boots to bios only

Jan 7, 2019
My lenovo b490 always boots to bios. I tried USB booting again its booting to bios n sometimes to boot menu, but if I select the USB drive it again goes to bios. OS is win 7.

Solution
Do you have anything on the HDD that needs to be saved or backed up first?

Personally I would boot from a utility disk such a Hirens Boot Disk or the Ultimate Boot CD and check the drives SMART to make sure it is ok. If it is ok then next I would boot from a win7 disk and try repairing the OS.

AS a last resort you can use the OneKey, to the right of your Power button, to begin the Factory Restore process. This will erase the current C: and install windows as if it was the first time it was ever turned on (so there will be LOTS of updates). Be sure to have backed up anything you need FIRST!
Jan 7, 2019

Yes
Also I tried removing my keyboard, cleaned it n reconnected. But now my laptop goes to boot menu automatically. If I select HDD again goes to boot menu.

popatim

Splendid
Do you have anything on the HDD that needs to be saved or backed up first?

Personally I would boot from a utility disk such a Hirens Boot Disk or the Ultimate Boot CD and check the drives SMART to make sure it is ok. If it is ok then next I would boot from a win7 disk and try repairing the OS.

AS a last resort you can use the OneKey, to the right of your Power button, to begin the Factory Restore process. This will erase the current C: and install windows as if it was the first time it was ever turned on (so there will be LOTS of updates). Be sure to have backed up anything you need FIRST!

Reactions: oyebinny
Solution