Solved! Laptop boots up after a few tries

Nov 12, 2020
Hi, my laptop is HP Probook 4730s, I have a problem that occurred by itself for about a month. I put the laptop in sleep mode, after hours when I try to open, laptop isn't opening. Screen stays black and fan starts spin fast after 3 seconds later. And I hold power button, laptop turns off, again I trying boot up, same thing happening, after 4-5 tries, laptop boots up. My OS is Windows 7 x64. What is the problem?

Solution
I had a similar problem myself and solved it by doing a clean reinstall of Windows. I can't know for sure this will fix your issue but it fixed mine.

BTW, Win 7 is no longer a supported operating system. You are at risk for viruses and such by continuing to run it. You may still be able to upgrade to Win 10 for free. Research how to do this on the internet. Note that in upgrading, you will lose programs you have installed so make sure you back up your data files first.
I had a similar problem myself and solved it by doing a clean reinstall of Windows. I can't know for sure this will fix your issue but it fixed mine.

BTW, Win 7 is no longer a supported operating system. You are at risk for viruses and such by continuing to run it. You may still be able to upgrade to Win 10 for free. Research how to do this on the internet. Note that in upgrading, you will lose programs you have installed so make sure you back up your data files first.

Solution
Nov 12, 2020

I will try, thank you.