Redzonezzz

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
I'm looking to buy the SAGER NP8677-S (CLEVO P670RE3).

Is that good? I like the i7-hq chip, with gtx970m, and 17inch screen.

Any other brand, cheaper something that is better then this?

Any issues with sager brand?

Solution
I've purchased several Sagers for myself and others. 4 years ago, an Intel I7 with 8GB RAM and the system is still mint to this day.

Sagers are stress tested before shipping so you know the Ram and everything else is good. The Clevo's also have a very good cooling design.

You can find some good laptops at decent pricing such as Asus and MSI but for my money I'd be buying a Sager. It's a step up. Looks like you did the research and choose the model that suits your needs and budget.

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I've purchased several Sagers for myself and others. 4 years ago, an Intel I7 with 8GB RAM and the system is still mint to this day.

Sagers are stress tested before shipping so you know the Ram and everything else is good. The Clevo's also have a very good cooling design.

You can find some good laptops at decent pricing such as Asus and MSI but for my money I'd be buying a Sager. It's a step up. Looks like you did the research and choose the model that suits your needs and budget.

Solution

Redzonezzz

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Nice! And yes I did, in the last 5+ years I've been a computer geek, built my first rig last January! (Only cause i finally had $1k) And now need something close to it but portable! I hate to have a laptop with a i7-6700U version, I'd hate that U version.

But any thoughts on who to buy it from? Xoticpc.com? Or from sager? On Xoticpc they give an option for some different heat pipes for better cooling, like copper pipes for 75$, not sure how that's going to work out.

Since I know what I want.....it's the waiting for my bank account to grow each week! Lol!