Laptop BSOD - ntoskernel problem

jakub2

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello,

i'm facing to problem with my fathers laptop Lenovo G565. After two years of ordinary use, it started to have problems. Problem has begun with CPU overheating and system freezing, afterwards BSOD and sometimes does not turn on - mostly after hibernate.

I have replace thermal conductive glue, cleaned computer dust. Checked if computer has a virus or malware, reinstall drivers and nothing helped. I decided to reinstall entire computer to Win 8.1 Pro and situation seems a little bit better.

Problem is only with starting now. If computer start correctly, it normally works - after stress tests, overload (working CPU temperature is around 60°C, overload around 90°C - i think, that's too much). But sometimes (more often) does not start.

I don't have another RAM, so i can not test if its problem with memory.
Most BSOD are with ntoskrnl.exe - 0x000000ef - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.
You can download them here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107685905/minidump.rar

Does anybody help with this issue?

Solution
Hi,

If you're laptop has 2 RAM in it do test them both, try them one at a time just to test weather or not it's the RAM or something else. Next it test your HDD because BSOD can be caused by a bad HDD as well since you've already did a clean install of your OS already. If all these will not work it should be a hardware problem since software or OS is out of the question already. I would bet on the CPU if both test would pass with the RAM and HDD.
Hi,

If you're laptop has 2 RAM in it do test them both, try them one at a time just to test weather or not it's the RAM or something else. Next it test your HDD because BSOD can be caused by a bad HDD as well since you've already did a clean install of your OS already. If all these will not work it should be a hardware problem since software or OS is out of the question already. I would bet on the CPU if both test would pass with the RAM and HDD.

Solution