Laptop Can't Power On! Need help!

Shaneoh

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I have a Elitebook 8540p... well I have 4 of them.

3 of them work as of now, but one had the same problem and I fixed it by pressing "POWER+F4" to turn it on.

So here is the case, the laptop wont turn on. Tried new batteries, power supply etc. Removed Memory, CMOS battery. Nothing is doing it. Did the hard reset nothing.. the only thing the laptop does when I plug in the AC adapter is have a blinking LED light where the charger Light is. It blinks blue and amber really fast.

Also every new charger I try it makes a weird noise, not loud at all but like a wierd and abnormal quiet noise.

Any help is appreciated!

Solution
I had to remove my keyboard, power up, power back down and reassemble everything to get mine to boot.

Before removing the keyboard, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
2. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
3. Remove the battery

Remove the keyboard:
1. Turn the computer upside-down, with the rear toward you.
2. Loosen the three Phillips screws that secure the keyboard to the computer. (may be labeled PM2.5×12.0)
3. Turn the computer right-side up, with the front toward you.
4. Open the computer as far as possible.
5. Slide the four keyboard retention tabs toward you. The tabs...

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi
By new battery do you mean a new battery out of the box and probably discharged?

Or a different fully charged battery from one of the other laptops?

How old are these laptops ?
Is there a manufacturers warrantee still available

Assuming the laptop has not been dropped .

Can you easily remove the hard disk drive and try booting up without it
in case hdd has a serious problem

Regards
Mike Barnes

Unkk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I had to remove my keyboard, power up, power back down and reassemble everything to get mine to boot.

Before removing the keyboard, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
2. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
3. Remove the battery

Remove the keyboard:
1. Turn the computer upside-down, with the rear toward you.
2. Loosen the three Phillips screws that secure the keyboard to the computer. (may be labeled PM2.5×12.0)
3. Turn the computer right-side up, with the front toward you.
4. Open the computer as far as possible.
5. Slide the four keyboard retention tabs toward you. The tabs are located between the esc and f1 keys, between the f4 and f5 keys, between the f8 and f9 keys, and between the f12 and scroll keys.
6. Lift the rear edge of the keyboard, and then rotate the keyboard forward until it rests upside-down on top of the TouchPad
7. Release the zero insertion force (ZIF) connector to which the keyboard cable is attached, and then disconnect the keyboard cable from the system board.
8. Release the ZIF connector to which the pointing stick cable is attached, and then disconnect the pointing stick cable from the system board.
9. Remove the keyboard.

Plug just your battery in and push the power on button.

If it boots, power down and reassemble everything in the reverse order of the steps above.

Good luck!

Solution