Question Laptop can't run high demand games anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2021
Hi guys, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back I figured I'd factory reset it to go ahead and fully wipe everything, as I already moved most of my stuff onto a USB. After setting up my profile and downloading steam, my computer loads the game in and it drops the FPS all the way down to 2 FPS. I found this odd because games like ROBLOX and TF2 run at 60 fps just fine. I'm really desperate at this point cause I've spent about a days worth of time trying to fix my computer and have tried quite a few things without downloading any sketchy 3rd party apps. I tried changing NVIDIA control panel settings, computer settings, etc. I'm starting to think this might be something the repair man might've done, as my higher demand games (DBD, DBH, etc.) ran fine before I sent it in, or this may be a problem with Steam? IDK. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a Lenovo 'Legion' Y740 with everything that came with it, and with Windows 11. Used for about a year before getting repaired.
unknown.png

Dec 25, 2021
I believe you GPU is not working. The games are running on your integrated Graphics.
Why did you get it repair ????
Were games lagging or performance issue?

My dad had taken it for me as there were issues with the screen, blue and pink pixels flickering on it and eventually it wouldn't stay on past 5 mins. (Computer still on, but the screen would be black.). I believe its the graphics card or so as I did a passmark test and my 3D Graphics was horrid. compared to the rest of the results. My computer ran higher demand games completely fine till it got repaired. Believe the graphics card might just be messed up.
Screenshot_20211225-154925_Discord.jpg

Dec 31, 2021
My dad had taken it for me as there were issues with the screen, blue and pink pixels flickering on it and eventually it wouldn't stay on past 5 mins. (Computer still on, but the screen would be black.). I believe its the graphics card or so as I did a passmark test and my 3D Graphics was horrid. compared to the rest of the results. My computer ran higher demand games completely fine till it got repaired. Believe the graphics card might just be messed up.
Screenshot_20211225-154925_Discord.jpg
I hate to suggest something like this, but it sounds like the "repair" might've just been setting up the PC to use integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU. There are numerous guides out there to force Windows to use your GPU instead of integrated, I'm hoping you can find out if that's the case or not. Worst case scenario, GPU is still messed up, send it back in for repair or let them know that it's still ongoing (if the warranty is out, that is). Or, if they truly repaired it, the games and everything else that you ran on it before will be fine afterwards. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.