Solved! Laptop charger icon flicker when i play games

Jun 3, 2018
Hi!

The laptop I am using is a Medion Akoya P7628 (MD 99280). When i play a game the battery icon "flickering" charging/not charging. The strangest part is this: it begins charging fine normally when it is under zero load (idling) but as soon as I scroll a webpage or launch a game, it flickers. also even when the charger is plugged in the battery discharges slowly over time.

The charger im using is the original charger ( FSP090-DVCA1 19V===4.74A 90W ).

Many thanks in advance

Solution
Sounds like a combo problem to me. One, the battery is going and probably will need replacing soon, but the charger seems to be a bigger issue. When they go, or start to go, one sign is that they can't run the device and charge the battery at the same time. So when you are using things on the laptop, and it stops charging the battery, it sounds like the charger is using all power it can send to run the device only. So I would start there.
Sounds like a combo problem to me. One, the battery is going and probably will need replacing soon, but the charger seems to be a bigger issue. When they go, or start to go, one sign is that they can't run the device and charge the battery at the same time. So when you are using things on the laptop, and it stops charging the battery, it sounds like the charger is using all power it can send to run the device only. So I would start there.

Solution
Jun 3, 2018

So the laptop is drawing more power than the charger can supply? if that is the problem does a new charger with higher power would fix the problem?

As long as it is the correct charger for the device originally, then no, you don't want a higher power one. You need one that is the correct specs for your device. Getting one that has different specs could completely fry the laptop. The current one would be putting out less than it should, if that is what is happening (I can't test the output but if you know how you can). It is a common issue with them though. They aren't made to last forever.

Jun 3, 2018

Sorry for adding this late but i found out that the flicker stops when i change the power plane in Windows 10 the "power saver" one.