Laptop Charger Problem!

Silvainxyts

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
I have a 1 year old Acer Aspire V5-552 laptop. The problem is I don't know if it's my laptop or my charger that is malfunctioning. Whenever i plug my charger it won't charge. Whenever I press the power button the LED light for charging blinks to show that I have no charge. My question is is the charger broken or my laptop? Please help fast. Thank you.

Solution
Hey there, Silvainxyts.

Unfortunately it is difficult to figure this out based on that info. I'd recommend that you try connecting the charger with the battery removed from the laptop to see if the issue persists. I had a similar issue with my laptop and it turned out to be a problem with the charger's cable. Other than that it could be due the laptop's power port, which might have become faulty.
My advice is to take the laptop along with the charger to a service shop, so that the guys there can test them and determine what's wrong and fix it.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, Silvainxyts.

Unfortunately it is difficult to figure this out based on that info. I'd recommend that you try connecting the charger with the battery removed from the laptop to see if the issue persists. I had a similar issue with my laptop and it turned out to be a problem with the charger's cable. Other than that it could be due the laptop's power port, which might have become faulty.
My advice is to take the laptop along with the charger to a service shop, so that the guys there can test them and determine what's wrong and fix it.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

Silvainxyts

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015