Solved! Laptop Chargers

May 17, 2021
I have an HP Laptop. I also have a (school) HP Chromebook. I bring my laptop to school, and I don't use the Chromebook charger. I was thinking to bring the Chromebook charger to school to be able to keep the OEM charger at home, but the output amperage was different. My laptop accepts input as "19.5V, 3.33A", while my Chromebook charger reads "19.5V, 2.31V". I assume that since the amperage is lower, it is compatible, can someone please clarify? Thanks!

Solution
The amperage rating for the charger may be too low. You have it backward. The charger needs to provide enough amperage to charge the laptop. The chromebook charger may not provide enough current. There is no way to tell from the information you gave how much current the HP laptop actually requires. You also need to make sure the connector fits and the polarity is proper.
The amperage rating for the charger may be too low. You have it backward. The charger needs to provide enough amperage to charge the laptop. The chromebook charger may not provide enough current. There is no way to tell from the information you gave how much current the HP laptop actually requires. You also need to make sure the connector fits and the polarity is proper.

Solution
May 17, 2021
Thanks so much for the answer! (and saving my laptop!) :)