Laptop Cmos Reset help

ohirris

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hi guys I recently opened up my 5 years old HP Pavilion DV7 - Intel Core i5-2410M, 8GB to clean out the fan and reapply thermal paste to the CPU. So after I was done cleaning and I tested to see if it turns on. It turned on but I got a screen saying something about CMOS reset and I actually forgot to plug the CPU fan, so I turned off and plugged the fan it in. But after this, the computer wouldn't turn on. I thought I forgot to reattach some of the wires but I dont think that was it. So I tried doing hard reset (30-60sec power button holding down w/battery and plug out). The power plug LED is blinking white light. It seems like there is power but the computer just won't boot at all. NOTHING is working. So Im reaching out to you guys for help. The screen looked something like this : http://psg.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/76633iD6B45EDD73E28657?v=v2

Solution
I am assuming it is plugged in when you are trying and not on battery only? You might want to try removing the battery completely and plugging the laptop in to see if it will turn on then.

If there are problems with the battery, or the charger cord is damaged in some way (even if you can't see it) and not sending the correct amount of power to the device, then it won't turn on with the battery in.

ohirris

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

Hi, I've tried it. The problem is it won't power on at all. There is Battery/Plug LED blinking, but when I press the power button, nothing happens.

I am assuming it is plugged in when you are trying and not on battery only? You might want to try removing the battery completely and plugging the laptop in to see if it will turn on then.

If there are problems with the battery, or the charger cord is damaged in some way (even if you can't see it) and not sending the correct amount of power to the device, then it won't turn on with the battery in.

Solution