Laptop Concept Feels Like a Real Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Why is it that when people create new technology, they think it has to replicate old technology, instead of find BETTER ways to use the technology. This seems rather useless to me, once past the gimmiky wow factor. I dont wan't my $2,000 laptop to behave like a 99 cent notebook, when I can go get a notebook for 99 cents and use it as was intended.

Also, as a side note to Tom's: Please fix commenting in IE9, I really hate having to switch broswers just to leave a comment on this site.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Wow, what a stupid idea. This is far less convenient and efficient than what people currently do. Bending the screen to scroll, seriously?

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Could work for college. Dependent on pricing, this + e-textbooks = textbook(s) with you at all times for reference?
Too bad there will probably be a price premium when/if it made.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Saljen[/nom]Why is it that when people create new technology, they think it has to replicate old technology, instead of find BETTER ways to use the technology. This seems rather useless to me, once past the gimmiky wow factor. I dont wan't my $2,000 laptop to behave like a 99 cent notebook, when I can go get a notebook for 99 cents and use it as was intended. Also, as a side note to Tom's: Please fix commenting in IE9, I really hate having to switch broswers just to leave a comment on this site.[/citation]

Why would anyone use IE9???

G

OK, I feel some negativity in here. Notebook, as in the old paper one, not netbook. If you do a lot of ebook/PDF reading I can see why it could be useful. Just chill on the sofa and read it like it's a real book. I for one like this new tech coming to digital screens.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
it looks good on paper but to expensive to market.....i still like my tactile keyboard....everything is touch this and touch that....i can't stand my smartphone when i try to use the touch keyboard....thank goodness it has a regular keyboard

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]iwantamd7970[/nom]IE9 is faster than Firefox or Chrome, genius[/citation]
Still using dial-up, I see.

Also I would buy this, given an adequate price range. I've been waiting for something like this ever since 2008 or so, when I saw a similar MacBook mockup. Someone needs to bring this thing to the consumers, pronto.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
You'd still need like maybe two or three screens for any decent purpose of use, otherwise its just a bendable screen, on the idea of say, a "keeping to notebook idea" . But otherwise folding screen or bendable screen, might not, break as much on a drop, or would more?

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Why do they keep putting touchscreen QWERTY keyboards on things? Without buttons to feel, you cannot type? You can stare at it and type or chicken peck, but you'll never do 60wpm or more.

Why don't they use this bendable screen to develop keys that raise up through the AMOLED so you can feel it? That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.