Question laptop connected by hdmi to tv but video only plays in a tiny window when maximised. Why?

Aug 4, 2020
when i connect my 4th gen i5 laptop to my tv using hdmi connection i can see the mirror image of the windows 10 interface but when i play video from my external hard drive i can only see it in a very small window on the tv....it wont maximise any larger than that. can anyone tell me how to get it to be full screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Raj Negi Laptop Tech Support 0
Svlasak Laptop Tech Support 2
paccjas Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 6
G Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 1
GreenEyedBiter Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question External mic does not pick sound when connected to 3.5mm jack
Question 1 home WiFi won’t connect to laptop but other will
Question Issue Connecting a Secondary Monitor to Laptop
Question connecting laptop to pc to share bluetooth
Solved! Connecting external monitor to broken laptop issue(video mode not supported)
Was watching a video on my packacard bell laptop,then wanted to connect the mouse ,but the port wasn't responding so I removed
Connecting two laptops to monitor
My Intel laptop and my Seiki TV was working for a while connecting with HDMI cables, now it's not. I have been watching videos
Video distorted on laptop after hdmi connection
i have a laptop to tv connected through hdmi which i get the audio fine . i then try to use the mini jack headphone output to
No Audio when connected from HP laptop to Vizio Smart TV. Video is still coming. Dont see any HDMI driver in Device Manager
Locking video connecter removal from lcd
Laptop is connected to Tv via hdmi, but laptop says it is hdmi-dvi and no video/audio
Using HDMI cables to connect laptop to tv, i get sound from tv but no visual, says unsupported.
new laptop video playing lag
issues: laptop screen, no video signal, internet connection
How do I connect my TV through video & audio ports to my Laptop through HDMI or USB Ports?
How to connect hp pavilion 17" laptop (HP 17-e009wm) with windows 8 to my ps3?
I have my laptop connected to my HDTV via HDMI, I have the picture, but, NO Audio...???
Solved! Connecting Laptop to TV via S-Video

ASK THE COMMUNITY