Laptop coolers - Zalman nc-3000u or cooler master u3

sarfraz_95

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello,

i want to ask which laptop cooler is the best out of these two - zalman nc-3000u or cooler master u3?
i mean both are really good and i like both of them but i dont know which one to get. i dont care about the prices of them or anything, jus the performance of the product and if it works

I bought the Cooler Master U2 (2 fans) to cool my 3 month old laptop; Lenovo Y470. Unfortunately, it did not cool my laptop at all. I don't think the problem is the Cooler Master though because I've read reviews where it cooled down other laptops by 3C to 5C. I think my issue is the internal design of the Y470 which somehow blocks the blown air from reaching the CPU and GPU. I would open up my laptop to investigate, but that would void my 3 year warranty.

I bought the Cooler Master because the movable fans allows you to place them directly under a vent.

I have one sole experience w/ laptop coolers...... I bought a rather fancy smancy one some years back.....can't remember the brand, three fans .... it plugged into a USB port.....using it raised my MoBo / CPU temps.....the load pulled thru the USB port exceeded any gain from the fans.

I took an engineer's scale outta my drawer that I pop under the back of the laptop to raise it 3/4 " off the desktop...it does just fine.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
If you absolutely must have one, go with Zalman. I can give you a nice story about them if you want, but I'll just say that their customer service is really something.

I'm with Jack on this, though - the best thing you can do is to just get it up off of the work surface an inch or two and get some airflow underneath it.