laptop damaged after water spill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
i accidently spilled water over lenovo laptop. at first it was not starting up even tho the lights were on but after that i found some solutions on youtube . now it powers on but first keyboard is messed up, it spams g button as well as it shuts down soon after login. so what is damaged?

It could be almost anything.

You should never ever turn on a laptop after spilling liquid on it. It should be opened up to dry out, plus the battery and charger cord removed. It should be left that way, depending on how much liquid, somewhere that it can dry and won't be disturbed anywhere from a day to multiple days.

Yes, I did say days.

Not doing that can lead to all kinds of problems.

Since it sounds like that isn't what you did, then it could easily still have liquid in it. This, if you are lucky, just needs time to dry. If you aren't, the damage can be anything from needing a new keyboard, to a new motherboard, or so much to fix you are better off getting a new device.

So, to start, pull the battery, pull the plug. Put it somewhere safe and let it dry out for a day or so.

Oct 27, 2018
Well it looked like it was done and had to be replaced but now it seems ok.i disassembled it and dried it and after a day I turned it back on. It is working well, all programs run , only thing wrong is keyboard. It doesn't spam a single key but some keys like backspace, space and several letters stopped working and I have to use onscreen keyboard. So what could be the problem with the keyboard and is there a possibility of any other damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.