Solved! Laptop Dead Aftear Cleaning

May 9, 2021
Hi ,

Any help would be appreciate . My laptop HP Elitebook x360 1030 G4 is dead .

water fell on him some time ago. a few days ago I said clean it. After I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, it doesn't want to start anymore .
When I try to turn it on ... the LED on the power button lights up white, then turns off and . After power buton tuned off the CAPS LOCK Blink long once . I also see the FANS not working anymore .

May 9, 2021
You are probably seeing normal connections. A multimeter will tell you very little that will help you unless you know what you are looking at and have a schematic at hand. There are many connections to components that are grounded normally or connected together and will appear as shorts but in fact are fine.

I believe your main issue was caused by cleaning the computer without taking the proper precautions (such as following ESD precautions). Unless you were properly grounded, it's likely you "zapped" some components by handling the boards. I see this reported a lot on this forum, unfortunately, I suspect you need a motherboard repair (or a new motherboard) which is not something you likely can do yourself. Many of the laptop vendors have posted instructions for how to clean the internals. This is usually done with a compressed gas can. Using a vacuum cleaner inside your laptop is a potential killer. I would follow the vendor advice, not what you read on random YouTube posts.

I suspect it is time for you to go to a repair shop. Please post what the outcome of your issue was so we can all learn from you.

May 9, 2021
I went to a repair shop. The person there told me he had nothing to do to fix it. He said that he needed another motherboard to take parts from it and that he would not guarantee even 10% that he would repair it. It didn't inspire me much professionalism. Maybe I will try another repair shop but I would still like to maybe identify where the real problem would be. I would document myself more, maybe I can fix it, I would be satisfied with identifying the problem.

My english is not so good , I hope you understand exactly what I mean .

Laptops are quite complex and repairs are beyond the capabilities of most individuals and many repair shops. The surest way to get it repaired would be to return it to HP. That will take some time and likely be expensive. I looked back at your pictures. In the first one, the motherboard is laying on what appears to be a towel. Very bad! I also noticed you holding the motherboard with your hands. Also very bad unless you are grounded. If you look at any of the service manuals for HP laptops (you can possibly find on for your machine on line) they will tell you specifically not to do these things. You likely blew out some parts with static discharge and it will take a professional (or HP) to fix it. Sorry. If it was my machine, I wouldn't try to repair it myself and I have many years experience as an engineer. What I don't have are schematics and specialized test gear that HP has.

May 9, 2021
https://www.manualslib.com/download/1748285/Hp-Elitebook-X360-1030-G4.html Look at page 25 and you will see what I am talking about!

Much apreciate you time spent and answers . i`ll try to contact Hp service on their site , I agree that they are best able to solve the problem .
at the same time I am convinced that the price of the repair will be high, even if the laptop is under warranty ... the warranty is already lost from the moment of contact with water.

OK . all the best .