Laptop decrease in perfomance over time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
Okay I'm really getting f*cking pissed already. My laptop has been decreasing in performance over time. It happens to my old pc before and this was the reason I bought my laptop. I use my laptop mostly to play CSGO. I always get 200 - 300 fps. but now days it gets only 40 fps which is f*cking fustrating. My laptop is 1 year old and my friend has a 3 year old laptop which sucks more than my specs but runs cs go at 170 - 200 fps. How the f*ck is this possible???!? This is really fustrating because I used my money to buy a new computer just to get away from this stupid lag. I know that laptop isn't powerful for gaming and also I don't need to have a high fps but I DO need to have high fps. It's for CS:GO spraying consistency. I do tend to install quite alot of programms but I don't think thats the case since I always check task manager and turn off processes that I know are not system processes. I also tried blowing out dust from my laptop but not a single dust flew out of my laptop vents??!. The last thing I would do is completely reformat my hard drive but I'm not sure if I'm up for it to reset yet.

And also yes I did run countless programms to detect malware, adware, virus,etc.

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Under advanced power settings, there are selections you can make for settings while plugged in or while on battery power. Usually while plugged in, the settings default to max performance, so it shouldn't affect FPS, but you can check the settings.

Did you check the disk for errors and have Windows fix them? Did it clear the warning for the drive?

Where you able to get your graphic card usage up (assuming you were gaming while running HWINFO)?

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015

Everything in my power setting is maxed out.
I did check for the disk. One was checking by CMD (typing wcmid) which gave me "OK" status.
The other was using crystal disk which showed me "Caution"(or some warning)
I'm not sure how to get Windows to fix it.
I'm monitoring my graphics card usage now. Will update.

I'm wondering if like factory resetting my pc would help but I'm not sure because that's my last option.

==update==
For some reason, HWINFO is not showing my GPU status?

http://prntscr.com/8uq6mz

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

To have Windows check the disk: Local Disk Properties - Tools - Error Checking "Check" - if errors are found Windows will ask for permission to fix them.

It looks like for some reason your NVidia GPU is not enabled - is there any chance you may have accidentally disabled it while changing settings? Drivers up to date? I don't know enough about laptop graphics to provide effective troubleshooting.

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015

http://prntscr.com/8vsd04
Before playing a game.

Sorry for reposting IDK why its not showing replies properly

after playing a game for about an hour and a half
http://prntscr.com/8vsvyh

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015

Sorry to bother you by replying again but I really need help. I realise my pc is getting worse again. Now its getting 30 fps in csgo and I really need help.

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
It looks like for some reason your NVidia GPU is not enabled - is there any chance you may have accidentally disabled it while changing settings? Drivers up to date?

I don't know enough about laptop graphics to provide effective troubleshooting.

You may want to start a new thread which might prompt new people, who may be able to help, to see it.

TRENDING THREADS